23 February, 2010

Colourful fireworks in de sky

Last Sunday (8th day of CNY) was a special day for the Hokkien people. It’s call Bai Thin Kong (erm, no idea what is it call in English :P soli) I’m sure most of us, especially those who resides in Kepong area, witnessed the fantastic colourful fireworks in the sky. Luckily that I still managed to catch these beautiful fireworks on time as I had a movie date with HubB that night. The “72 Tenants of Prosperity” was indeed a nice show!

I reached home at about 12.10am and as I entered the taman, I could see many neighbours busy preparing to blast the dark sky. Some already playing with the fireworks too. As the clock striked 12.30am, I captured these :


5

And these….

4

Smellybutt was sleeping and I took the above pictures through the same bedroom’s window. Half way doing it, Smellybutt was awaken by the loud noise out there and she shouted "Oooh I want to see!!". So my sister quickly carried her to the window and she was so happy to see those beautiful fireworks from such a close distance. In Ipoh, my FIL carried her to the car porch to see it, but those fireworks were quite far away.

6

15mins later, the show was over and we all went to bed with Smellybutt. She gotto wake up again at 7am for attending her pre school. She was very cooperative and went to bed straight. But there was some people playing with the "phao jeong", neh those long dangling red fire cracker which we get to see together with lion dance. We just covered her ears with small pillows and slowly she ZzzZzz.....



4 comments:

Chinneeq said...

it was very noisy here in Sg.long too. happy CNY to you!

Smelly Butt's Ama said...

really?? cool!! gong xi gong xi to u too!

LittleLamb said...

my son was sound asleep..with one of my hand at his chest..didnt want to sudden wake him up..

Gong Xi Fatt Chai to u

Smelly Butt's Ama said...

hehe Gong Xi Fa Chai to u too, LittleLamb!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails